Cannot access the internet thrrough laptop.

***update*** I reinstalled my OS and drivers and utilities and I have solved my problem. Apparently its my Virus protection. Which brings up a new series of problems. I was told to alter my firwall to adjust for the virus protection so i did and here are the results.
1) enabled firewall = no internet
2) medium firewall = no internet
3) disable firewall = no internet
4) uninstall virus protection = internet.

How can I compinsate for these changes?

told you it was that, I said your wireless is off which is in msconfig, i do it also.

I knew it i knew it.

also, don't know why you can't get on games.

What virus protection are you using?
right now I have AVG on my computer. I still have Norton 2.0 in my room which still has a year of service untill it expires

told you it was that, I said your wireless is off which is in msconfig, i do it also.
I knew it i knew it.
also, don't know why you can't get on games.

...ok....so how do I remedy this? Well if you look at what I said earlier, the ONLY online thing I could do was acess my online game.

anyone have any ideas? I mean I hate to have my computer on a constant No virus protection.

Well I don't know much about AVG but does it have any sort of program blocking? I would think that it is blocking an important service or something. Also I am assuming you get internet with full firewall and Anti-Virus which rules out the firewall.

well the funny thing is that Norton 2.0 does the exact same blocking. Ill access it later today and post via Q and let you know what if anything is happening. I just hate running around on the net with no protection whatsoever. Thats like going to a brothel with no condoms. :p

well the funny thing is that Norton 2.0 does the exact same blocking. Ill access it later today and post via Q and let you know what if anything is happening. I just hate running around on the net with no protection whatsoever. Thats like going to a brothel with no condoms. :p

haha good analogy

Although your router has its own firewall. I'm guessing you have a router because you're accessing wirelessly. Good luck, try windows firewall + router firewall which should be enough.

Back
Top Bottom