Not being able to delete files/folders as a power user

cbachinger

In Runtime
I created and use a limited user instead of my admin account to increase my PC's security.

So whenever i can, i simply right click and select 'run as' when i need to install certain files requiring authorization.

But I noticed I often have to go in my admin account simply to delete files or folders like music, office documents, icons, etc.

Why am i being denied? It is so frustrating but i do not want to lessen my security and solely use my admin account.

Also looking for a good converter to convert especially flv files to mpeg or avi.
I have downloaded most recommended downloads from download.com but they mostly either need to be bought to function correctly or they drain the PC of memory.

What account is the owner of the files in question? Check in the security tab to see which account has permissions on that particular file, it may be that you user either has only read or none at all (meaning it was created by the admin account). What operating system are you on? Is it XP or Vista?

I am the sole user of the PC, so both accounts and consequent files belong to me. XP Pro.

How do I get to the security tab?

You have to open Windows Explorer, go to Tools, Folder Options, View and uncheck Use Simple File Sharing.

Then you can right click on a file, folder, or drive and go to properties and you should see the security tab.

Back
Top Bottom