Anti-static wrist strap

metin

In Runtime
Ok so I have an Anti Static wrist strap in front of me and I'm confused as how I am to use it
Can I just put the alligator clips on my case because it's metal and work on the parts I have or does something have to be plugged in.
I looked on a few sites and none gave me a specific answer
Any help would be very much appreciated

Put the band on your wrist and the alligator clip on a piece of unpainted metal on the case. That's it. Some bands also have a plug that goes into the grounding prong on an electrical outlet (round prong) for added protection.

Ah sweet now then I just have to wait for my cpu fan and dvd drive and I'm good
Might take apart this computer I'm using right now LOL
thanks

If you can then connect yourself to a proper earth. Like a radiator or another metal electrial object thats pluged in. A metal kettle for instance.

I connect to the metal case on the computer but I ensure that there is a PSU fitted and that it's plugged in. I'm properly grounded that way.

If you can then connect yourself to a proper earth. Like a radiator or another metal electrial object thats pluged in. A metal kettle for instance.

I connect to the metal case on the computer but I ensure that there is a PSU fitted and that it's plugged in. I'm properly grounded that way.

Wait a metal kettle?
Isn't that just a kettle, can you explain how that works; I mean how is it plugged in lol

Yeah I figured
So putting the alligator clips on the plugged in object is better than just metal; but metal still works
That's what I'm understanding

Just metal will work, but if you want to be truly grounded then clip it to something that is metal and plugged into the wall.

Back
Top Bottom