hp laptop problem

microcompiter

Baseband Member
I have a hp pavilion dv2000, the computer was ok, than on friday when I turn it on, there was no sound, no internet, it doesn't even recognized teh usb stick, I can't even drag the items on my desktop.
I went in device manager check if everything is properly installed and for my surprice everything was ok,
I was ahead to reboot the system, but when it comes to install windows, it tells me that no hard disk was detected.
Can someone give me a hint of what is going on??

You tried to re-install and it said there is no hard disk detected?

or

You rebooted and when it came back up it said no hard disk detected?

You tried to re-install and it said there is no hard disk detected?

or

You rebooted and when it came back up it said no hard disk detected?

when I tried to reinstall it with the windows open, it told me it cannot be installed cause the current windows is newer that the one i wanted to install. The windows was xp home service pack3 and the one i wanted to install is xp pro service pack 2

you need to load the cd at boot:

put the cd in restart the pc and press F8 or F12, it should come up with boot options, you need to boot from cd drive and then it should come up with the windows setup

you need to load the cd at boot:

put the cd in restart the pc and press F8 or F12, it should come up with boot options, you need to boot from cd drive and then it should come up with the windows setup

It did come up with boot option, the blue page load complete, where you have to press enter to begin the windows instalation, there is where it says no hard drive detected

Mybe it doesn't let me install xp pro cause the xp home was newer?

im not sure but with my server i have to install 3rd party drivers 4 the hhd so that windows setup sees my hhds, now it being a laptop im not sure if that is the case, coz its normaly ide or sata, but ya never no...

can you see the hhd in bios?

Back
Top Bottom