HELP!!!no dvd rom showing!

cmarriott100

Solid State Member
basically,about 2 mins i have just put a cd into my computer to burn and there is no cd/dvd drive showing. i have no idea where it has gone, its just disapeared!. im guessing i have to re instal it, but how do i do that and where do i get the software from?

thanks guys

Wow... I have no idea what the deal is there. That would actually happen to me on an old computer I used to have...

Go to the device manager - Right click My Computer, go to properties>Hardware(tab)>Device Manager.

There should be a CD/DVD Rom drives or something there. Click that and google what ever is under it.. best I can tell you and you arn't getting any other answers...

When I say google, I mean google "Whatever it says Drivers" or something.

Hope this helps!

-Q

thanks for the advice, basically i think that its dead, spent house last night/this morning tryin to get it back but still no good, gonna hve a little poke around inside the computer so see if anything is broken/burnt out but short of that it may have to be a new one

check the sata/ide cable and the connectors. sata port tend to not work on my borad and have bad connections

my computer was doing this on all my disk drives i had no clue what was up the disk drives showed up in the bios and were also in the device manager but with the little yellow triangle and it wouldnt let me update the drive so i restored to an earlier restore point 1 day earlier and problem fixed

Back
Top Bottom