19" or 22" monitor?

I'm in the US; and yeah I heard about Samsumg being the best too

in that case; i would look into getting a Samsung that fits your budget, or don't buy it yet, save up more money and then buy a good monitor.

I have the money, I just don't wanna spend that much on it lol.
I'm leaning towards that Acer very much though.

I have the money, I just don't wanna spend that much on it lol.
I'm leaning towards that Acer very much though.

acer isn't bad...not the best, but its good. My buddy has an acer monitor, and it looks good...he's happy with it.

With shipping, the Acer will actually be cheaper, so I'd get that. Acer's are good for cheap monitors, I've had a cheap 19" one set up on another PC that runs well. Don't expect incredible quality, but it'll work and the price is right.

Note, however, that the resolution on (most) 22" monitors is 1680x1050. This is the same resolution as on a 20.1" monitor. Therefore, compared to a 20.1" monitor, the 22" will not look as sharp. I used to have a cheap 22" monitor (Sceptre brand, don't get it) that died on me, and I got a high quality 20.1" Dell to replace it. The 20.1" is so much nicer looking, it's really a world of a difference.

With shipping, the Acer will actually be cheaper, so I'd get that. Acer's are good for cheap monitors, I've had a cheap 19" one set up on another PC that runs well. Don't expect incredible quality, but it'll work and the price is right.

Note, however, that the resolution on (most) 22" monitors is 1680x1050. This is the same resolution as on a 20.1" monitor. Therefore, compared to a 20.1" monitor, the 22" will not look as sharp. I used to have a cheap 22" monitor (Sceptre brand, don't get it) that died on me, and I got a high quality 20.1" Dell to replace it. The 20.1" is so much nicer looking, it's really a world of a difference.

i have a 22", the Samsung T220, and i am running at the 1680x1050 and its crystal clear really....could the 20.1" be really that much more crisp, i don't think i'd notice it.

Looks like I'm gonna go with the Acer
Pretty good deal
Still kinda annoyed with that local store
Assmunchers (;

i have a 22", the Samsung T220, and i am running at the 1680x1050 and its crystal clear really....could the 20.1" be really that much more crisp, i don't think i'd notice it.
Part of it was definitely the fact that it was a value monitor...I think I paid $250 for it a year ago, and that's when most 22" monitors were still around $350.

You have to think about it logically though. In a 20.1" monitor, there are more pixels per square inch/cm/whatever than would be in a 22" monitor. So it's going to be a sharper, crisper image.

Back
Top Bottom