Gta Iv

rohan23

Fully Optimized
Is running way too laggy on my computer. I easily meet all of the specs required for the game. The quality doesn't increase if I turn down all of the settings, or resolution. Any ideas?

did you update your graphics driver?
is it a legit copy?

i don't even wanna see what it will run like on a e7300 9500gt 1gig and 4gb ddr2 800

darn...it was a game i really wanted to play

Mmmm.

I was gonna buy it this christmas.

Think i'll give it a miss on the PC and buy it with my PS3 next year...

huh...
i get about 27-35 FPS when i Play GTA IV with my set up.
I chose the optimal setting for my graphics.

Did you remove your old drivers correctly?
What OS are you running?

Yes, I updated everything fine. I just installed my card on a fresh install of Vista Ultimate 64 bit. I'm still waiting for my 4GB of RAM to come in. I'm currently using only 2GB. Maybe that's why. Stupid DHL is taking forever. The package has been stuck in a city only 45 minutes from where I live. It's been about 9 days now.

Running fine here, getting around 20-50fps
Graphics Settings
Video Mode: 1440 x 900 (60 Hz)
Texture Quality: Medium
Render Quality: Highest
View Distance: 50
Detail Distance: 66

It seems that 8800 series cards are the most stable ones from what I've seen on GTA forums and people with killer cards such as GTX260/280 and 4870's are having alot of problems. Patch is going to be released soon so hopefully it will improve the performance. Nvidia released drivers 180.84 specifically for GTA4, try them on.

I might buy it over the weekend, i'll let you's know how it runs on 9800GTX+ in SLI :), i am hoping for superior performance :p

I might buy it over the weekend, i'll let you's know how it runs on 9800GTX+ in SLI :), i am hoping for superior performance :p

Don't expect superior performance-you will be pissed in you eyes after u start the game :D

This game has no AA and the edges are jagged
In my post above I mentioned that it runs fine-that is when compared to others.
And moreover SLI doesn't scale very well in this game.

Back
Top Bottom