Pulling a site

tom-knox

Fully Optimized
Here's the deal, i built a site on a web server in PHP and linked to a mySQL database on my cPanel. I've since lost the source files (and can't remember any login details) and the company's front end that deals with customers has gone into administration. I've got 3 days to pull the whole site and I need some software that can do that, maintaining the directory lay out and keeping the site in a condition whereby I can boot it up onto some new web space hook up a mySQL server and get working to be running again ASAP.

Tom: Do you have any kind of Instant Messanger? It's muck easier to do things like this with that...

If it's on your server, you can logon to WHM and click the cPanel icon - It will allow you to access their account and do a home directory backup (it includes mySQL Table dumps). If not, I would contact the host - They should provide you with a backup, which includes all files, email accounts, mySQL Databases ETC.

That's what i'm saying it's not on my servers. If it was i'd log in using my master password, wouldn't be a prob.

The host has technically shut down their front end, i can't contact them, they've disappeared from listings and their site domain fails. I need some software to pull a website with.

I've lost the source files for the site so the ftp details on dreamweaver have gone and the client has lost all the login details, bearing in mind i built the site 3 years ago (i was 12) i didn't record the log in details in any way.

I was under the impression there was some manner of software that could be used to pull a website and copy it to your HDD.

I haven't found anything and IMO that would be a major security threat. I would suggest to just keep trying to access the cPanel. Try some sort of password recovery feature that might be available. Don't know what else to say here.

Ok, don't worry about it then, i'll have to look at recover as much as i can from 'copy&paste'ing the source from the pages and downloading the images but there a huge amount of back end PHP i'll be missing, ah well... back to work.

Just open up each page in IE, click Page, View Source. On my end it includes PHP code for the site I checked it on.

Back
Top Bottom