Safe to connect to wireless?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would please like someone to show me a link to a law in the U.S. that says it is illegal to connect to an open router.

I'll wait..............

Act 73I of the Federal Communications Lawbook Section 32: Use of transmitted data via an unknown source is to be stricken from the record unless a judge overrules the objection your honour.

In conlcusion: you're wrong.

Act 73I of the Federal Communications Lawbook Section 32: Use of transmitted data via an unknown source is to be stricken from the record unless a judge overrules the objection your honour.

That doesn't actually say that 'it' is wrong.

To many people it is amoral to tap into an unsecure network unless given permission to do so.

Doesn't mean it's illegal.

#1 thats not a link like I asked for.
#2 I don't think you have any idea what that actually says.

Next!

Edited to add, I don't think it's a good idea to connect to an unknown unsecured wireless network. It could be what they call a honey pot and someone is just waiting for you to log in and buy something with your CC so they could get your info. But I have never heard of or seen anyone actually getting into legal trouble just for connecting to their dumb neighbor's unsecured router.

It raises great moral questions, and it's tough to find a good example to compare it to. Like if your neighbor had his satillite radio on, is it wrong for you to listen? You didn't pay for it, or if your neighbor had a big screen tv watching a pay per view fight and you could see it from your window. Is it stealing for you to watch?

I don't know the answers only the questions.

Yes you really showed us! You are quite the intellectual.

:rolleyes:

Personally, If you connected to my wireless interent, (protected or not) I would make your life a living hell. I pay for the internet, not you.

I think you need to -
1. Grow the fuck up.
2. Pay for your own damn internet
3. Get a life, and stop trying to use other people for your convience.
4. Celegrom said that this is illegal, and i am not sure why this thread isnt closed.
5. Develope some morals.

ISP Acceptable Usage Policy (AUP) and Other People's Wireless Internet

If you get permission you may OK but the person granting the permission may have violated the ISP's rules. In almost all cases, the person giving the permission may not be allowed to share the Internet connection based on the service provider's Terms of Services (TOS) and/or Acceptable Usage Policy (AUP).

What do you have to say about that Crapyp bob?

TOS

AND MY TOS SAYS I CAN

It's all of a matter of downloading packet sniffers then it becomes illegal, I'm from UK, never knew which county you mean.

I don't think it should be illegal, and just for this guys, theirs a town in England called Briton, and their planning to be the 1st wireless town in England as far as i'm aware.

also the future is wireless, on top of every phone box or most in uk will be wireless access as BT are planning things, which means, well, my telewest aka virgin will not be impressed so I can see them bringing out something good for the furture, all is all, where doing well here.

Personally, If you connected to my wireless interent, (protected or not) I would make your life a living hell. I pay for the internet, not you.

I think you need to -
1. Grow the fuck up.
2. Pay for your own damn internet
3. Get a life, and stop trying to use other people for your convience.
4. Celegrom said that this is illegal, and i am not sure why this thread isnt closed.
5. Develope some morals.

Do these guys know there is a new internet tuff guy in town?? ;)
E-thug2.jpg

Ok, i'm going to use this as it shows how if it's not illegal for you to get in (it seems fuzzy) it can (and most likely is) illegal for the guy your getting it from (even if he doesn't know) which would make you an acomplice.
http://www.wlanbook.com/is-it-illegal-to-use-other-peoples-wireless-internet/

That's a good link and shows that it is probably illegal in most cases to connect. I hadn't thought about the TOS with the phone or cable company aspect before. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom