raid 1

amp27

Daemon Poster
hello i finnally got another drive and want to add it with my current rig. i have 2 of the exact same drives.

only problem is when trying to setup radi one it asked if i want to delete everything on the added drive/new drive. yes or no.

i dont want to delete all my current data.

how do i no the the system is not going to wipe both. i dont care if it wipes the new one as it has nothin on it.

clueless and my manual dont help a bit.

help please. can find info on the website

sounds to me like it's just trying to format the new drive for you as part of the raid set-up process.

thats what i am thinking but it still worrys me i dont want to lose all my data when i click the the y button. ill just have to copy and paste all the stuff i really want before i try it

wow 100 minute to transfer all program files to a ide drive

11 gb

sos nevermind it went from 122 mintes down to 15 minutes. lol i dont understand

It just took an estimate of time at first when it was starting I guess.

hello i finnally got another drive and want to add it with my current rig. i have 2 of the exact same drives.

only problem is when trying to setup radi one it asked if i want to delete everything on the added drive/new drive. yes or no.

i dont want to delete all my current data.

how do i no the the system is not going to wipe both. i dont care if it wipes the new one as it has nothin on it.

clueless and my manual dont help a bit.

help please. can find info on the website

The clues in the question although I see your concern. I was exactly the same when setting up my first RAID set.

It's asking if you want to delete everything on the drive you have just added to the array. You need a clean drive before you can create a mirror of the other drive.

:)

so i got two colums. and then i got 2 drives on the (not in array) and a colum called array. i can move the drives into the colum in different orders.

what one do i have 1st in the colum. or does the system just detect the right one

Back
Top Bottom