Windows won't start after windows update

AMB

Baseband Member
I did a reformat on HP Pavilion 532w model XP Home edition and after getting a bunch updates from windows I think the last one was a service pack 3 and after that was installed and the computer was rebbooted but windows never would start back..It just keeps repeating and going back to the screen were you can chose safe mode and all of that..I tried booting in safe mode and every mode it showed but none of them would work.

Any ideal what how to fix this ?

Also after the reformat the computer moves at the click of the mouse but after a few updates from windows it seems to get slower and slower...Do i need to install all of these updates from windows ?? Could i trun off windows update and just use it without any updates after i reformat it? The computer seems much faster befor any updates.

you mite need to update your bios or check to see if that model will work with xp sp3, i no of one asus amd motherboard that will not load up if sp3 is installed

I think it maybe a memory problem..The machine only has 128 mb

Should I just update to service pack 1 and turn off the automatic update setting ?? The machine runs 10 times faster and better it seems befor all the updates..It really slowsdown when i down load service pack 2.

One other thing should i keep the old IE browser since the machine just has little memory ?

When you boot XP and it asks you to boot in safe mode,down the bottom there should be a option 'disable automatic restart on system failure',select that and then tell use what the error is.

And yeah,128mb RAM on XP Isnt quite good,you should really upgrade to 512mb or more.

When you boot XP and it asks you to boot in safe mode,down the bottom there should be a option 'disable automatic restart on system failure',select that and then tell use what the error is.

And yeah,128mb RAM on XP Isnt quite good,you should really upgrade to 512mb or more.

I just about have it reformatted now.Should i just update it to SP1 and leave it at that ?? The computer is for a teenager to use so they won't be no money spent on it for memory even tho it needs it.

It is a known issue, HP has released a patch, see the HP site I would suggest.

Read more here, Google is your friend

To all the well intentioned but totally wrong advice offering members who responded in this thread, Google is your friend too

;)

:D

Hey guys I remformatted and installed SP2 but after reboot i lost my color on my screen.In display setting color quality is 4bits.How can i get my normal color back ?? It was fine until installed SP2.

Back
Top Bottom