No audio after format

AMB

Baseband Member
I have a buddys computer that's a computer HP Pavilion 532w is the model of it...I did a reformat and now there is audio.Says there is no mixer device.I did few things that i found on google to try and fix it but none of them worked.I went in control panel add hardware and all of that but none of it worked.This is the second time me reformatting it and the first time it worked like a charm but this time it's not been so good. How can i fix this ?

Does he have a soundcard installed or is it just onboard?
What brand, number, etc.
Either way make sure you have updated drivers for the audio.

Does he have a soundcard installed or is it just onboard?
What brand, number, etc.
Either way make sure you have updated drivers for the audio.
It is a onboard and I don't know how to give any other details..Right now it has another problem that i posted about in another thread preventing windows from starting.

Thanks for that but I'm not sure what I need to pick and try to download from there.Any ideal which one i need ?

Download this first.
http://218.210.127.131/
Tell me if that works. You are using onboard sound right?

I removed the side and the sound is built in to the board so i guess that is onboard right ?

Well I will probably half to reformat because after windows installed service pack 3 windows will not open back up for me.

Do I really need to install all these updates and service packs from windows ? Seems the machine slows down more and more when it takes on updates from windows.

I mean, you don't have to. But, you won't get all of the security fixes, optimizations, service packs, and etc. What disk are you installing XP from? Don't use a disk from another manufacturer. Keep me updated after you reinstall your operating system.

I mean, you don't have to. But, you won't get all of the security fixes, optimizations, service packs, and etc. What disk are you installing XP from? Don't use a disk from another manufacturer. Keep me updated after you reinstall your operating system.
Well the computer will be used by teenagers just surfing the web so I'm not sure if security fixes, optimizations and that will be needed.

The disc I'm installing from is XP home edition bought from store.

The reason you have no sound is like the above has posted, if have onboard sound and you reformat there will be no sound as you need to install the drivers of your sound card which will probably be the same as mine which is AC97, you could have got it from windows update but as your having trouble with that I suggest looking it up on goggle or try the above link, do you have a Motherboard Disc as it will be on that.

Back
Top Bottom