PRoblem with net

Ultimo994

Beta member
ok hi people first time on forums so dont slag off the newbie

ok my problem is that my net just seems so slow

my friend downloads at 400kb per sec

i download at a pitiful 50kb per sec

we both have wirless net and the same router my distance is a few feet away he about 2 stories up

we tested on the sam download and still his was 10 times faster

would me having XP and him having Vista affect it

i have done broadband speed tst and i am pulling in 9200kbps

he is doing about the same and we are in the same street and my computer is a lot more powerful so please help

BTW my comp is AMD ATHLON 5000+ 64x2 and nvidia geforce 8600 gt

thank you

I Think you should ring your ISP because it could be the connecting from your house to the exchange.

Also are you connecting via Wireless or Ethernet?

userbar700338db1.gif

on my comp it is wireless but i have checked with him and he has the same router

but aswell my friend is on wireless and he further away

my parents comp which is conected by ethernet does 65kb if its lucky(i have checked)

kk thank you very much i will try to call tonite if any more developments i will post more

thank you from australia

would him being on a laptop make a difference at all

It doesnt matter what kind of PC you are on,that speed is horrible!

Im in australia too! Who are you with? I was with AAPT and i was meant to be getting 512kbps but i was only getting 400kbps.

That's strange,

Telstra are normally pretty good with customer service.Although i havent had good experiences with telstra internet though.My grandparents have dialup (Ugh slow LOL) and there meant to be getting 56kbps but they only get 44kbps,and on dialup that makes a lot of difference.

Telstra gave us hell to get our internet in it took nearly 4 months to get our internet installed

just asking would my router be dodgy (SBG900 motorola)

the friend who i spoke of earlier has just had it all unplugged and put back in (parents)
now his net is worse than mine(lol) would mine being plugged in and out have problems?

should i reset modem (login to modem and press reset not unplug it)?

Back
Top Bottom