Car Thread!

What a shame. A classic Sting Ray shouldn't have to spend it's elderly years like that.

I would never take a car like that through the mud, lol. It's hardly a stingray though, only thing it's got left is the fiberglass body, lol.
But it would stand out so much if you ever drove it.

help me out with my pos car please n thank you
its a 1998 ford contour Se 124,902 miles...

um okay so i left work and it was fine until i noticed while driving that it was like stuttering every time i hit the gas like it would seem like it wanted to stop and when i got to the a stoplight it stalled out twice(Automatic tranny BTW) um so i pulled over and looked at it idk every thing seemed fine to my eyes but something didn't seem right i brought it to my uncles house n when i was pulling into his driveway kind of an incline it seemed like it wanted to stall out.. i got him outside we looked at stuff and it seemed fine it was running fine for probably around 15 or so minutes he said maybe my exaust is plugged or has a whole in it?, and he asked when the last time i had my plugs and wires checked or changed. My plugs got changed like in june my wires got changed like maybe 3 months ago? I(my engine needs either a new head gasket or valve cover gasket,)(a while ago when first changing my plus one of the plugs was covered in oil so we did a compression test? on it and its compression ratio came back 75, gaY! while the cylinder next to its CR was 110 I think and i think the last to were both 100...)I left my uncles after a few minutes I got home and it was fine, I let it sit for maybe 5 minutes and i drove it around for like 20 minutes then i think i splashed through a puddle and it started stuttering real bad after 1 minute the check engine light came on. I go to turn into my court and the oil light is on then i lose power steering, The wheel was mad hard to turn!) so I turn the car off and push it home pop the hood, Full of oil and the belt is still on and im full of power steering fluid WTF!!!!!when i turn the car back on the CE light is still on but the steering is way easier, I drove it around for about 5 minutes and it wasn't stuttering...

omg I need a new car!!!!

WTH any ideas?
I've had my charging system checked lots of times and ti comes back fine
maybe new plugs or wires or cat converter? omg I cant afford the new cat.....

any ideas help please thanks,
sorry about my grammer and puncuation...

Is it EFI? I assume it is...
Sounds like that engine is going bad. How is the air intake? Running lean maybe? Thats really bad for the engine...
Mine died out when I improperly fastened my air filter and it fell off...

electronic fuel injected. Or carb. The way you said it sputered on an incline. Sounds like something isnt right in fuel delivory...

i dont have a carbotrator

maybe my belt is slipping?

could it be the alternator?

okay i got my car looked at autozone first I wanted my charging system checked(Battery, alternator, Starter) All test came back good!

the next thing I had the guy do was hook up a scanner to my car to see what the code for the check engine light is
(The PCM has determined that a malfunction exists in the electrical circuit for the engine speed input.(Crankshaft position sensor, Distributor tachometer signal ETC..)

So basically what that means is that I need a $17.99 new crankshaft position sensor but of course they didnt have it in stock I will check Napa!

im getting sick of this double posting merger thing it doesnt bump my post tehn no one sees it WTH!

Back
Top Bottom