Ubuntu Help

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
So i installed Ubuntu, and i though that it would install in my 16GB unpartitioned space, but instead it used up my whole 160GB. I had an 100GB Partition with my files and back up
So i was wondering how i can restore all my files or most if possible.
Thanks

You have to partition a space before you can install anything onto it. I wouldn't know how to get back those files, I don't understand what happened really.

Was the old partition Windows? What you should have done was shrink the windows partition and then add a partition for linux, then install. If linux used up the whole 160 gb you are probably lost for files, but i would add an entry in GRUB to boot into the theoretical windows just to check

*what happen to my post in this thread? :confused:*

oops...viewing wrong forum LOL...too many tabs open...losing track of website haha :p

This is What I Did.
At First, i had 2 Partitions.
1. Is Vista (46GB)
2. Is my Backup (100GB)

Then i reinstalled Vista on my Vista Partition.
After that, i went to the Disk Management, and Shrinked my Vista Partition to 30GB.
Then I had 16GB of unpartitioned space.
Then i inserted my Ubuntu Disc and restarted my computer.
When I tried to Install, There was 2 option, one was to said to use the free space, then the other was manual.
I chose the Manual at first, but it kept saying it cant find the "Boot" or something.
So then I chose the first option.

And this is what happened.

Teny,

Do you still have Ubuntu on your 100GB partition? Also, I am guessing that you had the partition formatted at NTFS previously? I would do a google search for ntfs recovery. This will list all of the programs that can bring files back that were over written.

After you get that taken care of we can talk about installing Ubuntu so that you don't loose any of your data.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom