PC to TV Problems

kirkman

Baseband Member
Hello, i have an hdtv, and i want to hook my pc to it, the tv has a gay vga wich isnt digital right???, so, i hook up my vga cable. Then after it loads past the windows startup with the bar with blue tabs going threw to show that its loading windows xp, after that, it says invalid format........ What do i do??

THANKS KIRK

Probably more to do with your volume than your TV. When's the last time you've used the computer? Is the TV being used as a second monitor?

You're probably using a resolution that your television doesn't support. Start off at 800 x 600, then work yourself up.

Probably more to do with your volume than your TV. When's the last time you've used the computer? Is the TV being used as a second monitor?

What do you mean by the volume of the television?

When you hooked up the PC to the TV did you use it as a primary monitor? Are you currently accessing CF from your computer?

@J: I meant like his primary partition. A bit tired today and I was just studying for a network test and volume came up a lot. Because it seems to me like he plugged his computer to his TV and he could see the windows loading screen, but then he couldn't see anything?! And then, if he's using the TV as primary, it should automatically default to an accepted resolution. I guess I'm just a bit confused on what his problem actually is.

Look in your TV's manual and find out what resolution it needs for the VGA input. Then while your computer is still plugged into your old monitor set the resolution so it will work on the TV.

Then move the monitor cable over to the tv and select the VGA input. If this doesn't work then call the folks that made the TV.

Back
Top Bottom