How much does a full tower weigh?

Well, that's my estimate for a full tower. We aren't talking about mini towers or anything here.

no i believe he does mean a Full-Tower.
I am surprised how heavy my rig is...but at the same time i'm not cause like the PSU itself is heavy, 2 video cards, massive CPU cooler....the case itself weighs abit...so it all adds up i guess.

Well... if your bro can assemble it, you might be able to pick up a flat rate box. Throw all the parts in there, and the case seperatly, but I think size is more of an issue then anything. 35-40lbs seems really heavy though....

Ya man, i just tryed uzing there large box, but the 30lbs weight still giving me $700 charge. :(

the case you buy will play a large role in the weight as well so keep that in mind. One that's made with steel will obviously be heavier than aluminum and much heavier than one made with a lot of plastic.

Other parts like a large heatsink will also contribute to weight so that's something else to consider.

Ya man, i just tryed uzing there large box, but the 30lbs weight still giving me $700 charge. :(

$700???? A person can ship an entire car for a little more than that amount!

I checked with USPS for you and a 50lbs package is about $215 if you buy postage online. I doubt it would be any heavier than that. That's better than $700 at least.

$700???? A person can ship an entire car for a little more than that amount!

I checked with USPS for you and a 50lbs package is about $215 if you buy postage online. I doubt it would be any heavier than that. That's better than $700 at least.

O wow $200 is a much better price lol :) the zip where im tyring to ship in Moscow is 109377 and I think DHL only gave me 3 day delivery service, so maybe thats why it was so much. Il check with USPS website thanks. Do you know if the deliver straight to the door?

So does anyone know how would my brother need to proceed if for example one of the parts breaks? I mean shipping the part back to U.S is just 2 much... Any ideas?

is there anywhere he can buy the parts out in Russia?...

Good question.

The prices out there are much higher then here + I don't want to see him get ripped off, because the only places where he can get the parts will probably be in the stores, and they chage a premium price. There Internet ordering system is not that wide as we have here, like with newegg, plus to tell you the truth I don't trust Russian websites. This is still work in progress, I will get a hold of him this week to see what specs and for how much he can get there and then I will compare it to the specs here + shipping cost. I just don't want to put him thrue 2 much trouble, he doesn't know that much about PC's and after all this is a gift :)

I think that if you look stuff on the MFG site, or other sites they may have the shipping weight.

USPS will charge me $180 I just need to confirm if they deliver straight to door with signeture required.

Back
Top Bottom