How much does a full tower weigh?

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
Just as the topic states, I'm trying to find out how much would a $700 computer assembled by parts from newegg would weigh? + Maybe a monitor as well 20"

Reason I'm asking I might buy parts from newegg and ship it Moscow to a brother of mine, but I'm trying to determine the shipping cost first. What do you guys think would be the cheapest company to go with? DHL? Also if something would to break lets say like after 2 month of so, will he then need to ship the parts back to U.S.? Or do you guys think there is an outlet in Russia where he can send the part for a replacement?

After I get these questions answered I then might post a much bigger thread asking for you opinions, but for now I'm just trying to get these questions answered. :)

Thanks

That would be the tower by itself. It really depends on the build and the case the exact weight.

wow...i dunno how much my tower weighs, but its f'ing HEAVY, its gotta be atleast 50lbs if not more.

I hear you.

I looked up the shipping cost on DHL, and its like $850 for a 35lbs !!! I guess this is out of the question, unless i can find something MUCH cheaper.

Thanks.

I'm not 100% sure, but you also have to watch federal laws with the Patriot Act. I can't remember if the law prohibits exportation of computers from the U.S., but that would be something to look into as well. Better safe than sorry.

I hear you.

I looked up the shipping cost on DHL, and its like $850 for a 35lbs !!! I guess this is out of the question, unless i can find something MUCH cheaper.

Thanks.

yeah shipping heavy things does cost a lot of $$. You're better off picking it up yourself or simply finding a different vendor of what you are looking for.

Lets just say, if i was to ship my rig out somewhere, it'd cost me a fortune, the thing is so heavy, i find it hard lifting it up myself whenever i need to ly it down to clean it out or install something.

Well... if your bro can assemble it, you might be able to pick up a flat rate box. Throw all the parts in there, and the case seperatly, but I think size is more of an issue then anything. 35-40lbs seems really heavy though....

Back
Top Bottom