Dell 2400 won't start up

so 'hedoe', you think that i need to replace the pos PSU thats in my 2400 then? with that one from newegg? is it a simple swap out and in? I have put in drives and ram,but thats about it.

Is you dell still under warranty? Call them up, their pretty cool and giving you stuff for free

no warranty, well i grabbed my neighbors monitior hooked it up and it started up fine, so i then unhooked his monitor with pc still on and hooked mine up and mine works too! So i'm just confused now

obviously its not the pos PSU
so unless you want to, you dont have to
if your monitor works
then have you restarted the pc yet?

not restarted yet, getting ready to shut it down and i'll turn it on tomorrow so we'll see what happens

Sometimes there is loose hardware. You may just have knocked it back into place.

i had that problem yesturday when i was putting my pc together. Everything worked until i popped in a network card. i have no idea why that happened, but i took it out and the resolution was messed up which led to the drivers of my video card. what i reccomend doing is deleteing all the drivers for your graphics card (if you have one) and then reinstall them.

Just because it happened to you, doesn't mean it's the exact same case for him. Try to focus on the main hardware and begin to eliminate it one by one. Since he's using a prebuilt Dell. I doubt he even has a network card, let alone a graphics card. He's probably just using the Ethernet port on the motherboard. Correct me if I'm wrong.

thats what im using now
but me and him are different
and he could have added a vid card
mine mobo has pci slots only
and a network card
but that would be a waste of $$ IMHO

Yea i'm thinking a connection is going bad or something. b/c it worked fine wiht the other monitor. hopefully for xmas i'll be getting a built one from my bro. he works on them every day

Back
Top Bottom