ok i need a computer for everyday use.

What's wrong with using that gaming machine for everyday use? Just trying to save power?

Basically. The Q6600 is more than enough to run everyday tasks at 1600mhz. I only overclock it when I game or edit. It saves a good bit on the bill.

How is it for editing? My E6300 could use an update soon... Adobe CS4 is coming out soon, and Sony Vegas 9 pro might work on my machine if it ever comes out...

Wait, you under clock your QQ600 to 1.6GHz?

No, I turn the power saving options on. It turns itself up to 2.4 when under load. I overclock it right before I do any heavy gaming or editing. I don't need it running at 3.0ghz when it's downloading at night. :p

@Lukas: Get the 5400+ and have some fun OC'ing!

well i can do that, but i would need your help wit the OC'ing. I've never done it myself, i have little knowledge about it. So if you are willing to help me out, i'd gladly give OC'ing a shot :)

Yeah man, no problem. I only know the basics (VCore, Multi, Freq). If I knew what all the other components exactly affected the OC I'd probably be tweaking it everyday. Also, make sure the board you get is has a SB700. Word is that it's a much better OC'er than the SB600. We can learn the more in-depth stuff together (things like HT settings and such).

Yeah man, no problem. I only know the basics (VCore, Multi, Freq). If I knew what all the other components exactly affected the OC I'd probably be tweaking it everyday. Also, make sure the board you get is has a SB700. Word is that it's a much better OC'er than the SB600. We can learn the more in-depth stuff together (things like HT settings and such).

is the board that was suggested have the SB700? or can you recommend one within my budget...taking into consideration the other components that Killa suggested.

Back
Top Bottom