ok i need a computer for everyday use.

great suggestion dude, but i like the AMD build better, its just my opinion, nothing personal. I will pass this build onto my uncle, as he's looking to upgrade his old family pc. So thanks Mate :) *i gave you the rep that you deserved :)*

Thank you, my friend. You should have told me you wanted an AMD build. They are better processors if you're on a budget.

Just saying. Damn, my bad

yeah...
i didn't mean to sound rude either Bro. i am just not so fond of the Quad cores, atleast i haven't heard enough great things about them yet.

Thank you, my friend. You should have told me you wanted an AMD build. They are better processors if you're on a budget.

well i am not really so picky on the CPU, but when i saw that AMD, i really liked it...and the price was right :)

yeah...
i didn't mean to sound rude either Bro. i am just not so fond of the Quad cores, atleast i haven't heard enough great things about them yet.

Hey now. I have a C2Q Q6600. It works wonders in helping me with video editing. I'm not too sure about everyday use, though. I usually turn on the power saving option for the processor. Saves a lot of power.

Could be. Firefox like to use a lot of RAM (mines usually using 200k+), Vista hogs some, especially if you like those little interactive bars. So depending on the OS and what your daily use consists of 4GB could be overkill.

is 4gb overkill for daily use too?

A 32 bit operating system can't even use that much memory. I think it's overkill no matter what. Unless you're running a 64 bit operation system and doing some intensive stuff. That's where the extra memory REALLY kicks in.

Hmm, i had a build picked out for me. And I dont do alot. Some programming, Music, Net, and msn. Basic stuff really, and I was going to go with Quad Core and 4 gb.

But I guess that'd be over kill?

Hmm, i had a build picked out for me. And I dont do alot. Some programming, Music, Net, and msn. Basic stuff really, and I was going to go with Quad Core and 4 gb.

But I guess that'd be over kill?

If you're using a 32 bit operating system, then yes. If you stick with 32 bit XP. 2 GB is more than enough to do everything. I'm using Vista Ultimate. It hogs up way too much memory for all the neat stuff. Like the video background and the Aero interface.

Back
Top Bottom