Admin Rights on Vista.

emmett8324

Baseband Member
I have Vista Home Premium on my Laptop. I have a number of files that I am trying to delete and when I click delete it says that I need permission and gives a security picture. I then click to give it permission as I am the amdinistrator and it just says that I dont have permission. I even tried to disable the user account control and restart the laptop and this still didnt work. I dont want to have to format the laptop to get rid of these files. Also the files are not illegal, they are just videos from you tube. Can anyone help.

Ok... I *think* I can fix your problem. Right click on the file you want to delete, and click properties. It should bring up a new window with tabs. There should be a tab labled "Security". Click on that and it should display all the users in your computer. Select your use and click "Edit". Then, make sure that all the boxes under your user (admin) are checked and try again.

Hope I helped! :D

Restart you computer and hit F8 before the operating system loads. This will bring you into the safe mode window. Choose to boot into safe mode, (give it a second while it loads) then once you are in safe mode delete the files.

More than likely the files are still being used by your operating system somehow. So if you can find what process is using those files and stop the process you might be able to delete them without booting into safe mode.

Back
Top Bottom