Amd Vs Intel

Get the cheapest 775 socket you can. That way you can still upgrade down the road. It's a really simple decision. I'd take quality over quantity any day. But, that's just me.

For your needs, a dual core will be more than sufficient. Unless you're doing a lot of encoding and editing, the quad core won't give you a boost in speed. This processor is inexpensive and will give you great results in games, watching movies and everyday usage.

was contemplating the e8400 because bascially newer generation of processor with faster fsb and higher cache i think...well was...until the price tag smacked me across the face.

Hopefully $400 total for e8400 is well worth it

was contemplating the e8400 because bascially newer generation of processor with faster fsb and higher cache i think...well was...until the price tag smacked me across the face.

Hopefully $400 total for e8400 is well worth it

All those specs are nice and all, IF you're going to be utilizing all of it. Otherwise, they are just numbers on a piece of paper.

I think current AM2+ boards can take advantage of Phenom II's when they come out. Can anyone confirm?

Aren't they AM3+? From what I've heard, the AM3+ boards should allow AM2+ processors, however the AM3+ processors shouldn't be friendly with the AM2+ boards. Could be the other way around. I'll take a look.

edit: It is as you've stated Cabbs. AM3+ will be able to take advantage of AM2+ motherboards. However, AM2+ processors will not be able to do the same to AM3+ motherboards because the lack the DDR3 support.

Back
Top Bottom