How Much Would This Pc Be Worth?

kyleshack

Solid State Member
Right I Can Build This Computer For A Realativly Good Price And Would Like To Know How Much You Think I Would Be Able To Sell It For Taking Into Considertation Of Shops Prices. I Would Like To Know If It Is Also Worth Building Please Let Me Know What You Think And How Much You Think I Could Sell It For.

Specs:

10 Ghz Quad Core processor (2.6GHZ Per Core) (AMD PhenomX4)
2Tb (2x1Tb) Sata Hdd
DVD RW (22x)
Blue Ray Disc Drive
8Gb (4x2GB) DDR2 Ram
1024Mb HDCP Graphic Card (Nvidia 9500Gt)
900W Power Pack
Wireless N (Wifi)
Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium
Genuine Kaspersky Antivirus 2009 3 User Edition

Please Help And Thanks In Advance

And Also If Anyone Wants Pictures Of The Case And Led Fans Im Putting In Then Just Ask Me :)

amdx4- $170
2 tb hd- $220
blue ray disc- $150
8gb ram- uh i got my 4gb for $25 but im gonna say $80
nvidia- $70
900 w- $80
wifi- no idea
vista- $120??
antivirus-??
case- $20<

bout $800+??
of course...these prices are average...you can find way better deals if you look

10 Ghz Quad Core processor (2.6GHZ Per Core) (AMD PhenomX4)

Aye, if that was a 10Ghz CPU people would be running for it. It's not though.

A multicore Processor that has 4 cores is like having 4 single core CPU's(Central Processing Unit) on one physical piece of silicone. You don't add up the speeds of the cores to figure out the speed.

The benefits of a multicore Processor is that programs are spread out through the cores so its evenly distributed among the cores. The more cores you have, the more efficient the processing power is in certian programs.

That's a simple explanation, I just had to explain it.

Aye, if that was a 10Ghz CPU people would be running for it. It's not though.

A multicore Processor that has 4 cores is like having 4 single core CPU's(Central Processing Unit) on one physical piece of silicone. You don't add up the speeds of the cores to figure out the speed.

The benefits of a multicore Processor is that programs are spread out through the cores so its evenly distributed among the cores. The more cores you have, the more efficient the processing power is in certian programs.

That's a simple explanation, I just had to explain it.

Thank you! I'm horrible at explaining without making things more confusing, haha.

Im Just Wondering How Much I Would Be Able To Sell Something Like This For Thought To See If I Could Make A Profit (Ill Post Full Specs When I Get Home) I Know how Much It Would Cost Me To Build BTW

I'm still looking around for something similar to your spec...

But I reckon I could get that for about £1000 with 22' TFT screen, AMD HD4870, AMD 9950 CPU and all the peripherals.

I think with the current economic situation a deal like that is possible from the 'big cats'.

I'd like to emphasize this statement. Only programs written to utilize multiple threads will bring out the full performance of the processor.

that is 100% true. one key reason i didn't go with a Quad at the moment, cause i have no programs that would utilize the full potential of the Quad, and i didn't want to spend more money on something i wouldn't be able to use completely.

Its like buying a Lamborghini to drive downtown toronto...i wouldn't be able to take it past 120km/h...waste of cash lol :p

Back
Top Bottom