Amd Vs Intel

Calibound88

Daemon Poster
Building a new computer, and my processor choices have pretty much come down to....

Intel e7300 2.66ghz dual core for $120

AMD Phenom 9600 2.3ghz quad core for also $120

or go insanely cheap and get the AMD Athalon 5600 2.9ghz dual core for $69

Im not overclocking....so yea...
best performance for price?

Would the Intel really bring the most speed and performance
or would the quad core bring more performace
or would i really even notice a difference in the AMD dual core

mostly for gaming, movies, and average day use

sorta an intel fan cuz i hear they are exceptionally better

will the phenom outperform the core2duo considering it has lesser frequency?
Anybody out there own one of these two?

In applications that have more than two threads, the Phenom will outperform the E7300.

I dont think im gonna be playing games, burning cds, and watching a movie at the same time. I will only buy the phenom if it justifies itself.

Will the phenom be faster in cpu intensive games with the extra cores tho lower operating freq and lower cache than 7300?

Well if you are playing a game that's not optimized for a quad core then you will get more performance out of the Athlon than the lot.

Though as games get more advanced they will start taking advantage of the 4 cores of the phenom.

It's Your call.

For now, I'd go with the dual core. Games tend to do better on a Duo than a Quad. Games won't be optimized for the C2Q series for a while longer. FarCry 2 takes advantage of the 4 cores, but it doesn't evenly use them all. I believe GTA IV will be the first game to use all 4 cores evenly. For everyday gaming, movies and useage, I'd go with the dual core. That way, since they are still both the same socket, you could upgrade a few years down the line from now with no problem.

arrg...such a hard decision

the core2duo is going to be phased out soon
and the quad is kinda slow in comparison to other quads

ARRGGG

Back
Top Bottom