How do i Tell?

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
If he puts his computer in a power intensive state, he can find out how much real wattage he is producing.

i dont need to know how much my system use, i need whats the max watts my PSU can produce (output).
I need to know if i need to upgrade to SLI. I know its not recommended, but i want to try it.

really?
i thought PSU only produce less than whats written, unless it only applies to the cheap ones.

really?
I thought PSU only produce less than whats written, unless it only applies to the cheap ones.

This is kind of true.

This is the problem when manufactures state PSU power outputs.

The Antec BP 500 stated above will produce 500W and this is believable because the PSU will need 660W to produce the 500W output. I'd say this is the absolute maximum power output this PSU will achieve and not a long term value.

It's hard to measure the output power of PSU's and what I do is to read very hard into the specifications, make a few calculations and read up on the kind of components used in their design.

EDIT: Just checked out a bit more on this PSU.

Ive seen a minimum stated efficiency for this PSU at 70% which means an absolute minimum output is 462W. At 500W, if achievable, the PSU would be operating at 76% efficiency. Pretty good at that price.

Back
Top Bottom