This Case Good?

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
So my mom is in China, and i told her to get me an 8800GT when she is in HK, and only get it if she can find one less than $130 (the price of a new one last time I checked newegg.).
Now she hasnt went looking for one yet, but im pretty sure I am going to need a new case. I currently use an Xion Solaris Case. This case is really small, its too small for my Vendetta 2 HSF, and Im pretty sure its too small for 8800GT SLI and 2 HDDs. It wouldnt me a problem if my current one wasnt an Dual Slot.

So i was looking at some cases at Micro Center. Would get it from newegg, but the shipping makes it cost more. So i saw this case. the NZXT Alpha. The specs shows that its pretty big, and it will suit me, and work with some 8800GT in SLI. I also like how the HDD slots are faced compared to the Solaris. And its also an transparent side panel, which is what i like.
The reviews are good too. Should i get it for $55 at Micro Center?
I dont really care about the cable management, i would make it work somehow.

My other choice is the CM 690 SLI edition. Micro Center is selling it for $110 with the transparent side. I used to own one and its a really good case, but its twice as much, and i owned one before.

Dont really want to create another thread, but from 1-10, how safe is it to put the Vendetta 2 HSF without the retention bracket? If its not safe, then i would wait till newegg has more retention bracket in stock.

NOTE - i will be using my current specs in the new case and adding an 8800GT if available. I OC my CPU to 3Ghz and the max its gotten was probably about 55C on average from 4HR of Prime95. I try to keep it under 60C. The max temp for it is 74.1°C right? (Thermal Specification: 74.1°C)

I have th NZXT Apollo. It is a very nice case with lots of room. The orange one just looks awesome with the blue led's.

Because i want to get it at micro center so i dont have to pay for the high shipping, and i dont want to pay that much/they dont supply it.

So i found out that HK is selling an 8800GT for $200, i dont know if they tried that much, but now i have to buy my own 8800GT, so i can only get that case (Alpha). But only if its good.

What is your maximum budget on the video cards? If you really want. I still have my PNY 8800GT XLR8 card. I could sell you that for a low price. Everything is working fine and I still have a 5 year warranty on that.

Back
Top Bottom