EVEREX gPC3 Sempron LE-1150 1GB DDR2 80GB

I Nameless I

Solid State Member
I just got the following computer and installed xp on it.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883118008

I think thats a Am2 socket right? I think this comp is slow as hell. How do i check the FBS? Its like 250 or something. The cache is so slow too.

Well i want to upgrade it to the following:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103773

Is that possible? Its am2 socket as well.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
NVIDIA will have three variants of the MCP61 family—MCP61P, MCP61S and MCP61V. MCP61P is the premium product with support for one PCI Express x16, two PCI Express x1, standard definition video output, Gigabit Ethernet, 10 USB ports, four SATAII, RAID 0, 1, 0+1 and ASF 2.0 management. It will also be the only member of the MCP61 family to have an sDVO output for external video output capabilities such as DVI, component and TV out.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
cpuz specs

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=439bd32d5d93cd89d2db6fb9a8902bda

Also- what cards do u recommend like grahics cards.

I have a very old crt like 1988 or something lol.

ALSO, it says max 1 GB memory?!?!!?1?!? WDF. i realized it after i bought it.
Cant i put more then 1gb??? What happens if i do??

If you would have read the the user's manual that came with your computer, you would see that it is a socket AM2+ which supports AMD Phenom, AMD Athlon 64 FX / Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core, AMD Athlon 64 and AMD Sempron processors. The AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ you chose will work just fine.

It has an installed 1GB DDR2 533MHz (2x512MB) of memory. The most it can handle is 4GB (2x2GB) of DDR2 800/667/533/400.

Unfortunately, it only has a 200W power supply. If you're looking to get a PCIe video card, you're going to have to get a more powerful unit.

Wow. I didnt get a users manual. Just some papers showing how to set the computer up. Where did you get all that info? WHen you say i need to get a more powerful unit. You mean a more powerful PSU? If so, what watt would you recommend? Also, is the processor i picked good? Whats its FBS? If it isnt could you show me more options? and i have 2 x1 slots? whats goes in x1 slots?
EDIT:your response really brightened me up. I want to play some new games..so i want to set the computer up for that. is the cpu choice ok?
EDIT 2: so my comp only supports AMD?
EDIT 3: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103272
Which one would you buy? Im thinking of the one i first posted
EDIT 4: whats my motherboard? microatx?
EDIT 5: i just learned that hypertransport=fbs? am i right?

No manual? That's a bummer. Here's the one from their site: EVEREX gPC3 User's Manual.

The CPU you selected is a good one and will work in that system just fine.

I'm not sure what you mean by "x1" slots. If you mean the memory, the motherboard has only two slots to install memory. the "2x512MB" means that you have two 512MB sticks of memory installed.

As for the power supply, you'll need at least a 400W unit to handle some of the more high powered video cards. Some good choices without breaking the bank would be an MSI OC GeForce 9800 GT and a ePOWER EP-550XPF 550W.

Yes, you computer can only support AMD CPU's.

Correct it's a micro-ATX board.

Yes, I believe they deal with "Hyper Transport" now instead of FSB.

Either CPU will be fine. I'd be inclined to go with the second one though as it should run cooler due to it's lower voltage draw.

Thanks for the reply again. "two PCI Express x1" what are those for? And the graphics card u suggested is x 16 pcie 2.0. i dont think i have 2.0.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817153023

what do u think of that psu? and whats a rail? the people are talking about rails? i dont get it. and there isnt much of a dif with antholon x2 6400 and 6000 right? its just 3.2ghz rather than 3.0ghz.

EDIT:Can my computer connect dvi? flat panels?

The PCIE x1's are for peripherals. Most things you see are still PCI, but they're starting to make soundcards for PCIE x1.

Cabbs nailed it.

PCIe 2.0 cards are compatible with your system.

A "rail" is the 12V line in the PSU. Some have multiple rails, where others have a single large rail.

The Thermaltake PSU doesn't quite have enough juice for the 9800GT I suggested. It has only 18A on the 12V rail. The 9800GT requires at least 400W and 26A on the 12V rail.

Currently, you can only connect to a DVI LCD by using a VGA to DVI adapter. But the video card is equipped with DVI outputs that will connect to most any LCD monitor.

The power supply I suggested may be cheap, but don't underestimate it's quality by the low price. ePower is an OEM manufactuer of power supplies for many large companies such as Mushkin and OCZ.

Correct. There isn't much difference between the 6400+ and 6000+ other than 200MHz and a few dollars.

:D

So your saying once i get a video card. I can just plug the lcd dvi to the video card rather than the built in vga that needs a converter? I didnt know i had 2.0 acess. Thats great. Also i think ill get the psu u sent me, it's very cheap.

NVIDIA® GeForce® Go 6100
Up to 256MB shared memory- what does that mean?

(1) 24-pin ATX power supply connector
(1) 4-pin ATX 12V power supply connector----atx 12v only has 4 pins?!

Yup, just plug the monitor into the new video card and you're off and running.

Shared memory means that the onboard graphics use's some of the installed system memory.

The 24 pin ATX connector is the main power connector to your motherboard.

The 4 pin ATX 12V connector is a supplementary power cord that is used to give the CPU a bit more power.

I'm off to bed. I need to be up in a few hours for work.

:D

Back
Top Bottom