question

when i finaly going to finish building my computer. and i am going to check temperature, at what number should i be worry ... how you tell that i applyed lil thermal or toomuch..... if its higher then 60,70 at (idle)

The CPU should run at idle in the 30°'s then push up into the mid to high 40°'s. I'm sure you'll be just fine if you follow the directions.

I don't know what all the fuss is about AS5, TBH, it's crap.
- It's electrically conductive, so you have to be pretty careful with it.
- It doesn't come off very easy
- It's quite thick meaning it's harder to spread
- And it doesn't even perform that well! There are much better TIMs out there.

I would recommend OCZ Freeze or Arctic Cooling MX-2, both perform better than AS5.

I wouldn't call it complete crap, my MX-2 didn't perform astronomically better. AS5 is annoying to work with because it is thicker though. If you already ordered the stuff I wouldn't worry about it.

Alright, I was exaggerating slightly, but it's not at all what it's made out to be. The guys over at Arctic Silver must be laughing their asses off.

How you guys clean processor before you apply thermal past? I only found 91% alcohol .is that ok? Whatells I need?

How you guys clean processor before you apply thermal past? I only found 91% alcohol .is that ok? Whatells I need?

I usually wipe away most of it with a cloth, then clean it thoroughly with isopropyl alcohol. 91% should do the trick I think.

Back
Top Bottom