500-watt enough

for your setup with a single 4870, you need at least 400W.
To Crossfire the 4870, then you need at least 505W

For the 9800GTX+, you need 376W.
While to SLI the GTX+, you need 470W.

But you have to take into action that high end graphics need some pretty good Amps on the PSU. I dont know what the 4870 nor what the 9800GTX needs. But remember that when getting a PSU, just because its saying its a 500W, it actually isnt a 500W, its more of like an 470W(random number), it varies depending on the efficiency of the PSU. And as always, i wouldnt suggest getting an random cheap PSU, i would get quality ones such as...

Antec
Thermaltake
OCZ
Silverstone
PC Power and Cooling
FSP
Corsair

They usually supply good amount of efficiency, and amps. DONT SKIMP OUT ON A PSU!

I got my information from this site BTW
http://extreme.outervision.com/PSUEngine

lol funny thing is, i know more about computers than you ever will, its a Geforce 9800 GTX buddy, lol are you blind. Its a rank, just because i became a member a few days ago dont mean i dont know a lot. I know a lot more than you ever will though, ill tell you that. I know more than some of the guru's around here, all it is is a rank buddy.

You do not have to argue with me cause i wont, your just making a fool of yourself. Why do you think it says GeForce 9800? Anyways bro i suggest you shut your mouth and not put your nose into something you know nothing about, Thank You very much and have a good day

lol funny thing is, i know more about computers than you ever will, its a Geforce 9800 GTX body, lol are you blind. Its a rank, just because i became a member a few days ago dont mean i dont know a lot. I know a lot more than you ever will though, ill tell you that. I know more than some of the guru's around here, all it is is a rank body.

You do not have to argue with me cause i wont, your just making a fool of yourself. Why do you think it says in the name lol GeForce 9800. Anyways bro i suggest you shut your mouth and not put your nose into something you know nothing about, Thank You very much and have a good day

are you trying to stir up some trouble?
The GTX is similar to the GTX+, the GTX+ has higher clocks than the regular 9800GTX, so its a better card. It also uses a bit more of power than the regular because of the higher clocks.
Not all 9800 Performs the same, the 9800GTX+ sometimes beats 2 9800GT in SLI.
You shouldnt talk down to people, not all know about computers. Everybody is trying to learn, its because of people like is why people stop trying and is so screwed up.
So how about you shut your mouth, and stop being cocky.

are you trying to stir up some trouble?
The GTX is similar to the GTX+, the GTX+ has higher clocks than the regular 9800GTX, so its a better card. It also uses a bit more of power than the regular because of the higher clocks.
Not all 9800 Performs the same, the 9800GTX+ sometimes beats 2 9800GT in SLI.
You shouldnt talk down to people, not all know about computers. Everybody is trying to learn, its because of people like is why people stop trying and is so screwed up.
So how about you shut your mouth, and stop being cocky.

lol first of all you need to calm down and shut your mouth to, and learn how to read, im not saying what is better than what. Im trying to tell him to call it a 9800 GTX, which is the real name of the card, not GTX+ GTX plus can stand for the GTX 260 and 280 to. So you should calm down and stop putting your nose into other people's buisness, cocky, ummmm ok, w.e you say. He should just say 9800 GTX 1gb not be stupid and say GTX+

both of you are rediculous, im done with this thread.

lol first of all you need to calm down and shut your mouth to, and learn how to read, im not saying what is better than what. Im trying to tell him to call it a 9800 GTX, which is the real name of the card, not GTX+ GTX plus can stand for the GTX 260 and 280 to. So you should calm down and stop putting your nose into other people's buisness, cocky, ummmm ok, w.e you say. He should just say 9800 GTX 1gb not be stupid and say GTX+

some people call the 9800GTX+ just GTX+. Theres nothing wrong with that. You shouldnt be mean to him because of the name, its not his fault, its nvidias fault for creating the name
It seems like your the only one stupid enough to mistaken an GTX+ with the 2xx series.
you say your not being cocky by saying this?
I know a lot more than you ever will though, ill tell you that. I know more than some of the guru's around here

Oh yeah, when you post it onto the thing called "INTERNET". It becomes everybodys business.

EDIT - HAHA! me and Holysky wins the argument!
*Final Fantasy Victory Fanfare plays* XD

The plus means a smaller die on the card. From the original 65nm to 55nm. This would mean higher clocks, lower frequencies, and lower temperatures. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom