Fan speed low?

Shantei

In Runtime
I have fan sucking in air at the front of the computer, a 120mm one.. programs always read the fan speed at around 800RPM, which doesn't seem very much to me .. I'd like to make it go faster, but it seems to be the fastest it'll go... I think it has a temp sensor on it too, not sure though.

Surely the fan can go faster than this .. is there anyway?

Is the fan plugged onto the motherboard or powered from a molex?

If it's plugged into the motherboard then tell me the markings near the connector.

Is the fan plugged onto the motherboard or powered from a molex?

If it's plugged into the motherboard then tell me the markings near the connector.

The connector on the motherboard just has on the side:

CHA_FAN2

The fan may be being controlled by the Q-Fan Control in the BIOS. To see, enter the BIOS at boot and go to the Power section. Select Hardware Monitor. You can then enable Chassis Q-Fan Control to set the fan speed or disable it to let the fan run at full speed.

It's in the manual at page 3-33.

The fan may be being controlled by the Q-Fan Control in the BIOS. To see, enter the BIOS at boot and go to the Power section. Select Hardware Monitor. You can then enable Chassis Q-Fan Control to set the fan speed or disable it to let the fan run at full speed.

It's in the manual at page 3-33.

Thanks good suggestion Atomic, but it is disabled ... :(

Well, either the fan has a thermal control, it's dying, or it needs a good cleaning and a drop of oil in the motor.

Yea, that's thermally controlled. Unless you can "override" the controller, your stuck with it running that low. But look on the good side, it's quiet and you know your system is running cool. :D

Back
Top Bottom