Problem flashing to DD-WRT

It may when I get that far, but for the most part, the onlything that involves the browser is resetting the router to defaults.

I'm on the correct subnet and all the guides I have seen said to set my IP to 192.168.1.10 so that's what I've been putting it at.

That command line stuff may work after the prep and killer, but right now I can't get past the prep to kill, then flash. I'll try the commandline for prep though.

Now be advised that I don't use DD-WRT with my router so I've never flashed with that type of firmware, only actual Linksys firmware, but everything I find still says that you can flash with the web-based utility. There are even some articles where they flash from Linksys firmware to Micro Generic DD-WRT, and then to the updated version of DD-WRT, all through the web-based utility. But I wouldn't be surprised if I am looking at an article that covers a different version of firmware. :rolleyes:

I looked online, for my router 2 of the three steps can be done through the web. THe middle step must be done through the tftp so I need to get that thing working.

Secureme indirectly solved my problem. (http://www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=79692) He mentioned that his program was not vista compatible. So I booted into XP and boom, went in right away. I wish I tried that earlier...

Back
Top Bottom