windows xp vs. windows vista.......

linuxuser

Solid State Member
Okay here is a question for everyone who uses windows.

who here thinks that Microsoft should of put all time into making xp better vs making vista?

Or do you think that making vista was the way to go?
and if so explain.

my personal opinion is that windows xp should of been there main priority vs making vista

How you say? Well I take it back Microsoft should bring back and fully support windows 2000, because it was there most stable, safe, and secure versions of windows available today.

THIS IS A POLL XP, 2000, OR VISTA?

YOUR CHOICE.

Well IMHO I like XP because of its compatibility with just about everything. Vista IMO was made and implemented a tad too soon and obviously had its issues when it was implemented. The majority of IT personnel among us have a great dislike for Vista.

Psst, (((looks around))), I still use 2000 on some of my equipment. I love it.

I personaly will say XP because Ive never really had a good run on Vista due to compatible problems with some of my hardware, but had I my view may be very different, you have to move with times and the faster the processors get, the bigger the HDD and more Ram we put in the better the OS you need, Vista is the new era that caters for such upgrades so from that point of view I would say Vista.

I've been running Vista Ultimate x64 for a while now, it is a lot smoother than the XP Pro x86 I was running. My only gripe would be cost, I held off until I managed to get Ultimate retail for $A200, that seemed to be value for money to me.

Where's the poll??

Vista for me and Windows 7 next I guess

Vista IMO was made and implemented a tad too soon and obviously had its issues when it was implemented. The majority of IT personnel among us have a great dislike for Vista.

And XP wasn't horrible when it came out?

I after being in the field for as long as I have, I'd consider myself a professional, and I love vista.

Hi,

Linuxuser, if you are true as your name says why do you care about what Microsoft does? I am not trying to bash your post or you but, I am just curious, as most linux people don't have much of an interest into what they do there.

Cheers!

I'd have to say Windows 2000 Professional was the last operating system I thoroughly enjoyed using from Microsoft. My newest PC system currently runs Windows XP Professional. Performance is decent, but nowhere as fast as Windows 2000 on my last system. Since I figured none of my systems can run Windows Vista smoothly, coupled with the multiple variations of Vista made me switch to Mac OS Tiger as my primary operating system.

It's been a smooth ride so far.

Why didn't you make a poll in the first post?

Vista all the way; it's faster, looks better, and it's WAY more stable.

Back
Top Bottom