Gallery: Your desktop

Did you say something?

XJ220rearshot.jpg

Power eh? I'd have to go with Aston Martin or the McLaren.

Aston Martin's are alright in terms of power. For the V8's and V12's they use, they put out an awfully low amount of power. The AM V8 Vantage's top of the range 4.7-litre only puts out 380hp and 302lb/ft of torque. The DB9 is even worse off...it's 6.0-litre V12 only puts out 469hp and 443lb/ft of torque. That's not a lot of power considering it's a V12. Don't forget that Aston Martin's have traditionally been really heavy cars as well, so they're fast, but don't expect Porsche 911 GT2 or Ferrari F430 fast.

As for the McLaren, I'm assuming you're talking about the Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren. It's a pretty nice car with tons of power and brakes that'll pop your eyeballs out of your sockets, but it's definitely not worth the money. You get way more power from the Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG Black Series and it's cheaper.

Yes, i agree, that they are classic!!! Dont get me wrong, if i had a Jag i would be very glad - they work like pussy magnets :D
But here we are talking about torque and power that the Jag cannot deliver ;)
Jag is for slow driving with the sunglasses :cool:

EDIT: lets make a poll between Subaru and Jag, and see the results :) who wants to make it

I think you forgot the beast that is the XJ220. 3.5-litre V6 Twin Turbo. 549bhp and 473lb/ft of torque. Still one of the fastest cars in the world today despite being over 16 years old.

Did you say something?

XJ220rearshot.jpg

Yeah...what he said.

hold on, hold on guys! I'm talking about racing cats, class Tuning!! You are talking about racing cars class Exotic!!! Its like to compare Class A with Class B.
Omg, has nobody around played NFS Carb :D lol
In its class the Subaru Impreza WRX STI is the best. Probably only the Evo can compete.
But if we are talking about Exotics, i would go for the Porsche Mobby Dick
moby_dick.jpg

SPECS:
895 bhp; 3.2 litre, twin turbo supercharged engine; The gearbox is mounted upside-down, which aided in the gear ratio changes and for the titanium drive shaft to run nearly parallel with the ground.
Top speed - 360 km/h

Why were you comparing Jags to Subbies then? They're different kinds of cars. Apples to oranges comparison.

Why were you comparing Jags to Subbies then? They're different kinds of cars. Apples to oranges comparison.

if u have a look on couple of threads above, u'll understand that i was not the one who was comparing them ;) in fact nobody did, its just i'm expressing my opinion about my favourite car, I am def not trying to impose my opinion upon everyone.

All i did is suggest to somebody to create a poll between jag and subaru to see which car is more preferable amongst CF community ;)

I see. I can admire Subaru's for their power and traction, but I'd pick Jaguar. Heritage and pedigree mean more to me than just pure power.

It's the same reason why I would pick an E30 M3 over the new E92 M3. It's a classic with far more history and it's still a damned fast car.

Back
Top Bottom