Car Thread!

Depends on the Porsche. And I would rather have something I could get/afford parts for.

I've never had any kind of moving violation in the almost two years I had my license. But I did get busted for watching street races.

l_f61d33e1ed5e4551a733223e1dbb28-1.jpg

Haha, how much was that?

I never actually got a ticket for it. If I stay clean for 18 months I get it all vacated off my record. I still get one misdemeanor though.

Buuuuuuuuuuut I'm left with $1300 in court and attorney fees. My parents paid for it all at once, but now I'm paying them so I don't have to deal with interest.

Oh, and I think I might actually lower my car, hmm.

Nice.

I drive a Neon with a ride height that makes rally cars look like low-riders.

IMG_2086.jpg

Very clean and nice. I think it would look good lowered. Mine looked completely ridiculous at stock ride height. too tall for me

Yeah, that pretty much describes my car lol. I'm debating whether to go with coilovers or a strut/spring combo. I've heard good things about Tein S-Tech springs with Tokico HP struts. It's also cheaper too :p

What kind of roads do you have up in Washington? Coilovers will give a very firm ride compared to a strut/spring combo and if you're planning to daily the Neon, just go with the Tien/Tokico combo. I've heard good things about both those companies and a few people on Bimmerforums use Tien coilovers or Tokico struts.

I'm perfectly happy with my Bilstein/H&R combo. Got a nice drop, firmed up the ride, less body roll and way cheaper than a coilover setup. The plus is that since California doesn't have the best roads/highways, I'm not breaking my back everytime I go mountain blasting or drive to school/work.

Yeah, that pretty much describes my car lol. I'm debating whether to go with coilovers or a strut/spring combo. I've heard good things about Tein S-Tech springs with Tokico HP struts. It's also cheaper too :p

Go with the H-Tech springs the S-tech just comprimises handling cause the spring rates are bad, and it drops the car more. It will also wear off your stock struts like nothing.

Go with the H-Tech springs the S-tech just comprimises handling cause the spring rates are bad, and it drops the car more. It will also wear off your stock struts like nothing.

I'm not going with stock struts though. How would stiffer spring rates compromise handling? I thought the S-Tech's were more oriented towards performance compared to the H-Tech's. I also want it to drop the car more because my car sits like a 4x4.

This is a Neon with the HP/S-Tech combo.

http://forum.2gn.org/viewtopic.php?p=459215#459215

I'm not going with stock struts though. How would stiffer spring rates compromise handling? I thought the S-Tech's were more oriented towards performance compared to the H-Tech's. I also want it to drop the car more because my car sits like a 4x4.

This is a Neon with the HP/S-Tech combo.

http://forum.2gn.org/viewtopic.php?p=459215#459215

Whats the drop difference between the S-Tech and the H-tech for your car? I know for my car S-tech is more for looks cause it drops the car real low, the H-tech does a nice drop and also improves handling.

Back
Top Bottom