Controlling Fan Speeds

P3PPERZ

Baseband Member
I have recently got back my pc but I have no idea how to control the fans at all. It is a Asus M3A78, I have tried using speed fan but I have little to know clue what I am doing because I haven't gotten speed fan to work for me in about a year. Then I read on the motherboard that was put into it that it is hard to impossible to adjust the fan speed off of one reviewers stand point. Was wondering if anybody could offer some help. Thanks in advance.

you can always buy a fan controller for your 5.25 bay or 3.25, i think its 3.25, dont remember. Hook it up to all your fans and controll them. They are not very expensive, they range from $15-$50.

ya depends on how man fans you have, the failure rate on them is kinda high though, on most of them atleast. I do not know why as it doesnt really have to do much, just give input to your fans to go faster or slower but i guess thats to much or something. I dont really know, i dont make chipsets or any of that type of stuff.

Well I dug up a single fan controller and it worked perfectly for my cpu fan so guess I will just buy some more for the rest of them.

It's best to let the mother board run the cpu fan rather than do it manually. You can put the spurs to the cpu and forget about having to run the rpm's up. The board will make the proper rpm adjustments. As for the case fans, Cooler Master's Aero Cool is a good one. I use that on my rigs. $35.00usd.

I rather won't have to control it but if not it sits at a high rpm all the time and is so loud, at least I can cut most the sound from it and my cpu temp isn't suffering

yea man just buy a single fan controller, just with fan controllers, with nothing else on it. The only thing that sucks is that most of them have blue led's and well if your not to happy with blue like me cause its to overrated you will have some problems finding one without blue. For instance red is me, red leds and black. If you want that rheobus that atomic posted:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811998808

and you want the colors changed, go to www.performance-pcs.com and search that product up and they give you and option to change the colors.

the stock led colors are blue to red i believe but you can get the blue changed if you like, for instance i would take white/red. Most other sites dont have that option and not all of the fan controllers on that site have that option, most dont :(

Back
Top Bottom