Good High School dance music?

Since the games coming out soon (no idea how good its going to be), the Ghost Busters theme? :p

I agree on Tiesto!

Beyonce gets people dancing too

Yeah, we have a decent amount of hip hop and Rap in the mix already, lol. I threw in Numa Numa, and I think I will add in some of that techno stuff you guys showed up there too.

What about the Nine Inch Nails? and Red Hot Chili Peppers? Should I throw in a song from each?

I didnt have time too get a whole lot of songs from you guys. I added Great DJ, Numa Numa, and Scooter One(always Hardcore). Great DJ was right near and audioslave song, which we we had to skip past a whole section there which also included Numa Numa, as people didnt like rock at all... But Scooter One was a great hit! I was going to play it again later on because it was requested again, but some kid passed out...

So, our selection of music was so good that someone passed out they were dancing so hard... that was at about 9:45, he had been there since 7, and the dance had only 30 minutes left, so we cut it short.

For equipment, we had a Mic, 70s light board, Big Old amp, 2 spot lights, a psp, and two big ass speakers. And people want us back for the next couple dances!! The turnout of this dance was a bit small, but there were enough popular people to get the opinion of everyone else towards us too, lol. I think people liked it, because our friends could come up and play with the lights a little bit, and then there friends got spot light and whatnot, and everybody knows my friend Ryan who did all the talking, lol. And we could still go down and dance a little bit.

All right, I'll try your suggestions. There is some version of Rhiana song I think that starts out like Numa Numa, lol.

I think I will throw one Rage song in, Wake Up AKA Matrix Theme. Killing in the Name of has too many swears... lol

How bout some Red Hot Chili Peppers? Think they would be ok? Suck My Kiss or All Around the World?

TI's new song featuring Rihanna starts with 'numa numa' song is called 'Live your life'

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=09HtHdoZdTA (really annoying monologues at the beginning.)

If you could get killing in the name of before people realise there's swearing in it that'd be cool. It's a great song.

I can't believe I missed this, but here are some song tips:

You have to be able to grind and/or jump to all but the slow songs.
If you can jump and/or grind its not fun
Soulja boi is not cool anymore. No one remebers the dance.
Musical Cha-Cha is always fun (is that the right title?)
Techno isn't fun unless people there are on x.
Play Jonas brother, and you will be killed by every male there before all the females can tell you how much they love you.

Slow Songs:
I don't want to miss a thing - Aerosmith (heck, if you play the 9 lives album you will have a lot of good songs)
Lights - Journey
Unchained Melody - Righteous Brothers. If you don't play this you might as well kill yourself.
Iris - Goo Goo Dolls
Wonderwall - Oasis (maybe a little fast. Can you slow it down a tad?)
I would do anything for love - Meatloaf
Keep On Loving you - REO Speedwagon (you may be killed by one or two people there. Just don't invite me if you play this)
You could probably play some Porcupine Tree and have it work for slow dancing if you tried. Can't think of any song that would work off hand though.

I was going to do Killing in the Name of, but I didnt have time to be editing songs and all. Is there a program for cutting mp3s and that fun stuff?

I was going to do Killing in the Name of, but I didnt have time to be editing songs and all. Is there a program for cutting mp3s and that fun stuff?

Audacity is pretty good.

And if you should decide to play "In the name of god" (a progressive metal song) I want a video of it. I don't know why I thought of that.

Audacity is pretty good.

And if you should decide to play "In the name of god" (a progressive metal song) I want a video of it. I don't know why I thought of that.
lol, what til you see the video from this dance... It was a fundraiser for our multi media journalism class, so we had to take a video...

Back
Top Bottom