check for virus please

jeevz

Solid State Member
hello.
I am currently running Windows XP
anti-warez are
Malwarebytes anti malware
AlYac (korean)

recently, my computer has stopped responding properly as in, stopping wi-fi connection, changing my window's skin back to retro skins, 2 program toolbars (yes i mean 2 as in

|START BUTTON| QUICK LAUNCH | OPEN PROGRAMS | OPEN PROGRAMS(COPY) |
and so forth.
is there a way to send a file whereas someone can check my computer for any defects and tell me how to clean it? never used that "hijack" program but willing to if asked

if you need anymore information about the laptop, just ask
thanks for your time.

Jeevz

ok will do and get back asap
but i think i should send the screen anyways

how can i do so without hosting it on a site?

icky :S
ok i got it
as you can see, or slightly see (made it in 2 seconds before computer restart) i have a repeat of the same programs open as displayed : /
doublebar.jpg

ooo its bigger than i thought :D

weird...did you by anychance make a toolbar or something?

anyhow, boot into safe mode and run both of those scans and clean out anything it finds. If once you do that, and you still get the problem, i'll see if i can find out why you have a dual task bar.

as you can see here, the only other toolbar i have open is quick launch... i have never made a custom.
and another thing i notice is that there is yet another toolbar opening in between my notification bar and my second toolbar :S
doublebar.jpg

ok weird
never had this problem mainly because i dont use safe mode but... it wont let me chose if i want safe mode :|
but now that my computer has restarted, i dont have any extra bars. and AVG is an awesome program that seems to be actually blocking threats (the korean one was just an antivirus so only deleted viruses, not stop attacks)
thanks for the help and i will keep you updated on what is going on

Your welcome.

AVG is ranked the best Anti-virus (free) on the web right now. Run it regularly...and leave it active, get rid of that korean antivirus you have, clearly its a hunk of junk...and just stick with AVG. Run the scans and clean anything infected, don't forget to use the AntiSpyware too!

As for safe mode....that is weird, but you don't have to be in safe mode to run the scans, its better to be...but you can simply run them being logged in as a User. What i would recommend...unplug yourself from the internet while you clean up your computer...its just safer :)

Glad i could have been of some help :D

Back
Top Bottom