long range wireless network adapter

mdtajghori

In Runtime
I've been having some connection issues with my netgear wireless adapter WG311v3. It disconnects when i use cpu intensive programs like games and playing multiplayer is nearly impossible. My computer is located nearly 20 meters from the router(netgear DG834). I want you guys to recommend me a good long range wireless network adapter. Price not very big issue(though it shouldn't be too expensive)
Thanks.

My computer and my laptop always get disconnected from the internet (which is downstairs)

We've tried everything, new wireless network adapter, new router..everything! I can't play LAN or go on multiplayer for a long time without being disconnected.

Ya after atomic rooster's post i did a small research and found cantennas can be built at home. If I don't find any other option then maybe I'll build one.

I've been having the same problem like yours with a Netgear router couple of years ago. I also tried so many things (incl. upgr the firmware, bought a bigger aerial for the router, i put it next to my comp, etc,etc....) At the end after spending one week trying to sort it out, read all the documentation i could find, i got pissed off and i bought myself Thomson (which i use until today, no problems, but it costed me £75 :mad: ) anyway, after i bought the thomson, i still decided to give the Netgear one last try. So i logged in in the router, switched off the DHCP server setting, rebooted it and.....it freakin' worked :) so you might as well try that ;)

at home, I'm fine, at work, I use a dlink wireless, and get d/c all the time, I think it has alot to do with your walls and distance from the wireless

The problem here is that I can't really adjust any settings of the router as the land lord won't allow me. Hopefully i will find something good.

Back
Top Bottom