has cf gone ad-less?

thebigdintx

Daemon Poster
i noticed that there are no ads up in the upper right corner...i'm not using any type of ad-block software...has cf decided to go ad-free? or is this just a temporary thing between switching ad companies or something?

Just a temporary measure at the moment, the ads I had up before were commision based, so a few people clicked them but never bought anything so they didn't really work.
I'm looking at other ways to generate income from the server itself rather than from CF as I think this would work better

Should make a paypal donation box. Anyone who wants to be nice gets a gold star by their name. That way, people arent pissed about forums they cant see, and bigger avatars they cant have.

I don't blame david for not putting a donation button up. Some people already think they own the forum and try to tell him how to run it. Imagine the tantrums they could throw and they way they could act of they were chipping in some money towards the forum.

exactly.

if you donate today, then what about if you're banned tomorrow?

We tried that donation thing back when CV was getting off the ground. It resulted in a major blow out and members leaving. Not good...

Back
Top Bottom