Installing HD Question, Please Help

PCNoob2

Daemon Poster
My friend got a computer case without a removable HD cage so I can only access one side of the drive bay (the side facing you when you take off the side of the case) with the screws needed to secure the hard-drive. How do I access the other side of the drive bay to secure the hard-drive on that side?

I was watching this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7tXl4NJdaiU

and I did everything right until it gets to the part that says "Now the other side" at 1:48 in. Is there a way to access to the other side just by turning the case around and taking off the other side panel?

I thought cases only had one side panel.

Thanks

yes, most cases allows you to open both side of the side panel.
The only ones i see that doesnt allow you to do it are usually to factory built computers such as HP, and Dell.

If its similiar to the one in the link u gave the other side will come just about the same way. might have a mess of cords depending on how there wrapped, but there should be a narrow gap from where the motherboard is seated to the front of the case that will give you access to the screws on the other side

Did you try unscrewing the two screws on the back of the panel. Should be the same way you removed the first side.

Then there should be either small holes to put your screw driver thru or bigger holes to be able to screw in the other side of the hard drive.

If it's anything like the 900 the side panels will have screws securing the other side panel. Pull that off and you should have access to the other screws holding the HDD's in.

I know my old case had the front pop off and the entire drive cage slid out, literally taking out your HDD and your cd drive, card reader etc... This was stupid and impractical so i got a cheap huge case with leds for 50$. Check to see if you can pop the front and side off, thats usually an HP configuration though, they dont like you changing their shitty hardware

Yeah, the other side panel came off so I just secured it on the other side.

Thanks for the help.

Back
Top Bottom