I Need Help.......

it says:

This device is working properly.

If you are having problems with this device, click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter.

so i do troubleshooter and it leads me to open volume control and when i do that it says that there is no sound device

could it possibly be a driver that i need for the motherboard?

It sounds like you need your drivers, do you have the driver cd that came with your motherboard?

are you on a new windows install or have you been running your computer for a while?

Did the sound all of the sudden go out or was it working and then go out?

no.. and i dont know exactly what driver to install from the site because i dont know what socket my comp is

i think its a 478 right? so i download teh audio driver and i dont know what icon to click on in the folder

its bootleg, its a copy of windows xp corporate that i schweisted from work, so i guess its not bootleg

if you have the driver, you need to find the folder where the driver file is located. It should be under something like a folder like

Drivers>>XP>>file.??

when i had the soundcard installed, in device manager there was an unknown media device that had a yellow question mark next to it

The soundcard you had "installed" is the SB live right? If so...that Unknown media device was it. That means you had it connected fine. Your drivers are just not updated.

try to install the SB live...onboard devices can be a pain if you do not have the drivers

but how do i update the driver? when i install the driver that i got from the site, when it gets to the install screen it tells me that it cant find the soundcard on my computer

download these for your SB Live

http://support.creative.com/Product...bCatName=PC - Internal&CatName=Sound+Blaster#

you probably downloaded the incorrect drivers....is that what your SB LIVE looks like?

This download contains the original drivers found on the Creative Sound Blaster® 5.1 installation CD. For more details, read the rest of this web release note.

Requirements:

* Microsoft® Windows® XP Service Pack 2 or Windows 2000 Service Pack 4
* Creative Sound Blaster 5.1

Notes:

* To install the driver, do the following:
1. Download the SB51_WDRV1_LB_5_12_01_202.exe file onto your local hard disk.
2. Double-click the downloaded file.
3. Follow the instructions on the screen.
4. Restart your computer when prompted.
* To uninstall or reinstall the driver, do the following:
1. Double-click the downloaded file.
2. Click the Remove button to uninstall the driver or click the Repair button to reinstall the driver.
3. Click the Next button and follow the instructions on the screen.
4. Restart your computer when prompted.

Back
Top Bottom