I Need Help.......

burnsy86

Baseband Member
ok, heres my problem. I just reloaded windows xp sp3 on my computer, everything went smooth until i realized that i had no working sound. here is what i have for hardware:
foxconn 661MXPlus mobo
nvidia geforce 6200 video card
soundblaster live 5.1 digital sound card
1gig ram
intel celeron(r) 3.19ghz

DSC02197.jpg

DSC02196.jpg

i dont know if there is a driver i need or somthing.. ive tried everything and cant get my on-board or my soundblaster to work. i dont have the sound icon on my task bar. when i boot up it says new audio hardware found. i downloaded the driver needed for the soundcard, but when i try to install the driver for it it says that a device cant be found.

its nothing great but it gets the job done
thanks in advance for any help or ideas you might have

do you have on-board audio and a sound blaster live?

THey might be conflicting with eachother. Try going to device manager and see if there are two of them. If thre is, try disabliing the one you do not want (probably the onboard). If you disable the onboard one, restart and see if your computer still finds the SB live. If it does, then you know its connected right and it's a driver issue.

go into control panel and look under 'sound and audio devices' to be sure everything's configured properly if you haven't already.

ive tried downloading the driver for the video card, and when i try to install it says that it can not find the card. i tried plugging the sound card into all the different pci slots and still the same result. so i have removed the card all together. no my issue is that i cant get the on-board to work. when i go to control panel it says that there is no audio device. i dont have that little sound icon in the lower right hand corner by the clock.

When you removed the sound card all together did it still say "FOUND NEW HARDWARE" when you started up? You will not get the little speaker @ the bottom untill you install the proper drivers for whatever sound card you are using.

Try this:

Right click on "MY COMPUTER" go to properties
Click on "Hardware" tab
Click the button that says "DEVICE MANAGER"
Go down to "Sound, video and game controllers" and expand the +

Let me know what it says. But hurry I gotta go

it says :
audio codecs
legacy audio drivers
legacy video capture devices
media control devices
video codecs

That's weird

Right click on legacy audio drivers and go to properties.

Does it say "This device is working properly etc.."

Back
Top Bottom