Formatting Worries

Nothing but drivers. Just from surfing the internet maybe?

Go into safemode and run a quick HJT just to see if there are any weird processes or services running. Should be a pretty small & manageable list considering the computer is a fresh install

As long as nothing is damaged, good. One other thing though. When I was restarting after I installed my video driver, I got one of those "ending program" boxes, but the program being ended was called, "you shouldn't see me." Is this something to worry about?
NVIDIA card? Which driver?

Actually, I just googled it. Apparently, it pops up when you initiate a reboot after installing nvidia drivers. Which is exactly what I did. Should I still worry?

Actually, I just googled it. Apparently, it pops up when you initiate a reboot after installing nvidia drivers. Which is exactly what I did. Should I still worry?

Lol that's a little creepy of nVidia -- I think this makes the most sense, considering this is a FRESH install; if you see it again, then worry

I've seen this with a nvidia driver, it's part of the installer which is why i asked the questions back there.

EDIT: Let me guess it was the 180.48 driver yes?

nothing to worry about at all.

The biggest concern with that driver is a lot of monitoring programmes lose their fan speed adjustment capability, keep a close eye on your card temps, I've rolled back to the 178.24 until Asus release a new version of Smart Doctor.

Riva Tuner 2.21 will work but you have to set the fan profiles in low level mode or something (I don't use it so didn't pay much attention) and the slide in the EVGA monitor still works apparently (which is written by the author of Riva Tuner, unwinder btw)

I prefer automatic fan control so I'll wait.

You may also like to try the 180.60 CUDA driver (d/load from Guru3D) it is a superior driver apparently although the fan control issue is still present

Back
Top Bottom