bios update

ok well i just started up the computer and started everest home and CPUz and they both showed 1.20v then about 2 minutes later they both show 2.256v so i dont kno wats the go with that.

yer i turned the fans around and every thing droped apart from the cpu. my gpu is reading 40c now and im pretty sure it was reading around 45-50c, even my hdd's have droped heaps :D

I'm asking some mates about the 2.256V issue, it must be a bios setting that is incorrect, a couple of people I've talked to have said the voltage is either an incorrect reading or something is seriously amiss.

Have you reset the bios to defaults, as in cleared the cmos?

yer iv talked to some people and they said it is basically impossible to get such a high reading. but since both programs show it, its really weird.

im not really sure how to reset it to the default, but il have to spec it now and il get back to ya.

Apparently people experience it to differing degrees when overclocking but no one I've talked to has seen figures like yours.

Are you overclocked?

Also to clear the cmos you need to use the jumper, if you look in the manual, section 2 page 3 there is a picture of the board, at the bottom right hand corner between the cmos battery and the 4MB bios chip is the CLRTC jumper, instructions on which pins to short will be in the manual.

I wouldn't bother resetting the cmos at this stage, just back off any overclock and see if the voltage returns a more normal reading under load.

I believe it is just an error in cpuz like I get with my pc and Intel Burn Test, IBT reads my cpu as 5.0GHz when it is running at 500MHz FSB x 8 multi because it doesn't have the funtionality to read the lowered multiplier in conjunction with the FSB so it assumes the multi is the default 10 ergo 5.0GHz (500MHz FSB x 10 Multi = 5.0GHz.)

i cleared the cmos, i ran prime95 for about 25 min just to see the temps and i didnt see it past 80c so its a bit better id think. but for the freezing i havnt tested yet so il give that a go now.

*edit* still restarting grrrr

Back
Top Bottom