CAN ISP's see all the sites i visit? or things i download?

How can they prosecute you if they cannot prove that it was you sitting at the computer downloading Illegal software.

that is the number 1 reason the cases fall through. You can't associate an IP address with a person. how do we know someone wasn't on your network?

that is the number 1 reason the cases fall through. You can't associate an IP address with a person. how do we know someone wasn't on your network?

100% correct. Trust me, Comcast hates me SO much; they've probably called more than 3 times now to tell me to stop downloading things and I always give them the same response - "Tell me, what exactly am I downloading". And when they say "Mamma Mia DVDRIP 2008 blah blah blah", I say - "Are you calling me a woman?" and then they sputter and go "oh no, sir, sorry, so sorry sir. have a good day"

And then I go watch Mamma Mia and nobody knows otherwise

Except all of CF now........

Haha!!!

They've actually rang you up though? Or was that just a good joke? :p

100% correct. Trust me, Comcast hates me SO much; they've probably called more than 3 times now to tell me to stop downloading things and I always give them the same response - "Tell me, what exactly am I downloading". And when they say "Mamma Mia DVDRIP 2008 blah blah blah", I say - "Are you calling me a woman?" and then they sputter and go "oh no, sir, sorry, so sorry sir. have a good day"

And then I go watch Mamma Mia and nobody knows otherwise

Except all of CF now........

that has to be the best story i've read all day lmao :D

Haha!!!

They've actually rang you up though? Or was that just a good joke? :p

Lol no they really call me all the time, we're like buddies now - I think they just call me to say hi. I would have been freaked when I lived with the parents paying the bills, but since I get all the mail and calls now, it's fun to play around with them

Lol no they really call me all the time, we're like buddies now - I think they just call me to say hi. I would have been freaked when I lived with the parents paying the bills, but since I get all the mail and calls now, it's fun to play around with them

When you actually do get busted, please report back here. And Tell what attorney you use :)

Their are programs that protect you....
IP My friend. If everyone denies it, they can investigate. If he is running MSN at the time, they can show that it was him on his email account while downloading illegal content.

I agree that the IP proves it came from your computer/network, but it doesn't prove who was sitting at the computer doing it. As for you being logged in on MSN, most people have their accounts automatically log in, therefore it could be anyone just using your account.

My point is that yes they might be able to prove the offense happened on your computer, but it would be hard for them to prove who was sitting at the computer at the time of the offense.

Everyone downloads, they can't prosecute them all...
Even I download, torrents like movies, games, software etc..
Internet isn't %100 private, but really, who doesn't download?

I <3 P2P!

Back
Top Bottom