Which gets your further with tech support? Angriness or Kindness?

it depends if i can understand who im talking to, how serious my problem is, how much was the product in the first place ,and how much it will cost to replace

but generally i try to be nice and calm, and save my wrath for telemarketers

hmmm... well as I work in tech support I can say the following...

What will get you furthest is being calm and polite.
Second thing that'll get you furthest is being knowledgeable, (though not a smart arse).
Being concise about your problem and the things that you'd done to try to fix it do get you quite far, but in general saying things like I've already done that don't get you that far, it might be that you've already done that, but trying it again won't hurt, it might be that you've done something like that but not done it quite like how they'd really like.

and HP support is shit. a little while ago I decided to forgo the phone call and use their live support that is a web chat program.
I knew what I wanted to do was possible,
but they told me that it wasn't possible.
since then I've figured out how to do it myself, (with the help of their documentation on their site) so it's not like HP as a company don't know. just their tech support doesn't know.

tbh I think you should be nice to start, and if more problems come up, i get more angry.

Here is what happend one time, ok, so my internet goes off, yer, just goes off, anyhow, I phones ze company up, I tell them my internet had gone off, AGAIN, and I asked them to reset my modem from their side, he goes, ok wait, lets look at your pc, how is it setup, i said wireless and it's got nothing to do with my laptop, it's your stupid modem box, blah , he says can you plug it off and on, yer sure, i'll just do this for the 20th time, be right back, 'ok', so anyway, thing works, he trys resetting, and I just get angry, as soon as I tell him, I say, it happens alot, and I am really pissed of blah blah and he sent a tech round asap free of charge, new box, and it's all good.

Just shout god damit if things don't work lol, , soon will, I mean, who wants someone shouting over the phone? not me, who wants things done fast? me, how? shout lol, when I was carm he was not saying much, he was just like, well it could be this, could be that, COULD BE YOUR FU**(KIN SH**T BOX NOW COME AND FIX IT! RAHHHHHHHHH lol

no

Coming from somebody who is in the IT industry, people who are calm with me on the phone get much further. People who are pissed off because their computer's aren't done within the first few hours they drop it off, get no sympathy.

I had a run in with Staples yesterday. I tried to play the owner had ordered the wrong stuff and the lady (and I use the term "lady" loosely) checked the order and confirmed what I got was what he ordered. Changing gears quickly I had the web page from their site pulled up and told the lady the model I really wanted was part number blah blah blah. She got all snooty and said that model had the wrong part number and it cost well over a grand. The on line price and the MSRP is 599.99usd. I told her this and that the owner was a lawyer and we would be holding them to that price. The silence was deafing.
I then told her if that's not the correct part number and price she needed to get some one to correct the web page. (I had already made a screenshot so we could show whomever that the price was the one we would demand to be charged) Again silence. Then she asks if I wanted the RMA number and I told her no I would have the owner call and take care of all that since he bought it on his AMEX card.
I then turned around and called SVAT the maker of the item and went off. I had the guy I was talking to in stiches. We've talked before on tech issues so he knew me to be a calm sort and this must have been pretty bad. He finally says "Woah, eh" Asked if I have the name of the gal I had spoken to and for the life of me I didn't recall her name. But I gave him the start and end times of the call and sealed her fate.
If you want your hearing checked or would like to leave your job abrubtly then just try to tell me I'm wrong or hustle me. I'll have your ass on a spit before you can say "Holy shit, what just happened?"

I don't play games when it comes to getting things done for my job. I'll play around if it's for me. Odds are good the only thing I'll ever buy from Staples in the future will be printer paper and only if Office Depot is is out of stock. Twits...

Back
Top Bottom