Suggestions, comment, and feedback forum

Computer Head

Fully Optimized
I was looking at the George Monks thread and saw the results of the poll and several votes without usernames attached to them. After doing some "research" (including signing out and trying to cast a vote as a guest), I discovered that being that this forum is viewable to guests, guests can vote on these polls. Out of the 6 yes votes on Monk's poll (at the time of this posting), three were done by guests.

My suggestion is maybe we can tweak the permissions to make the feedback forum only viewable by registered members. I understand why the Hardware/Software forums, Networking, etc. are viewable by guests, but what purpose does having the feedback forum open to guests serve? That's just my opinion (BTW, the forums I administer follow the same practice).

Well IMO it's not about George in its sole purpose. I just think that really the stuff that is in the feedback forum should be made into a "Members Only" area. IMO guests have no reason to look at banning threads, polls from David, or general gripes about the forum.

Oh god I just posted in the wrong thread haha, and yeah I totally agree with you. In fact, I think that guests should only be able to view the technical forms, while the "social" forums should be an enticement to register.

Oh god I just posted in the wrong thread haha, and yeah I totally agree with you. In fact, I think that guests should only be able to view the technical forms, while the "social" forums should be an enticement to register.

Maybe if you attended the forums more, you wouldn't lose your sharpness on how to post in a certain thread.
troll.gif

I might just block guests from voting on polls anyway, if they really want to vote they will have to sign up and post

Back
Top Bottom