online shopping for ram

cmarriott100

Solid State Member
hello all the good people of this forum who have helped me many a computing time

basically wanna get some more ram for my computer and wondered if anyone knows of good and cheap online shops for it, looked at ebay but always put of but people who get negative feedback. hopefully a decent stoer will be quicker and more reliable

chris (UK)

thanks guys

JJCG - bsaically want as cheap as possible, computer is geting old and really thinking bout getting new laptop or buildin my own desktop (await frequent more threads on the forum !) so just want to boost my computer while i get a few more months out of it.

i need ddr2 , non EEC, and i thinking pc2 8500 cos and prob best jus go for the straight 2gb (x2). just quick question, the different makes of ram will all stil ft into my computer? im guessing that the make is different but the spec is still the same

thanks guys

JJCG - bsaically want as cheap as possible, computer is geting old and really thinking bout getting new laptop or buildin my own desktop (await frequent more threads on the forum !) so just want to boost my computer while i get a few more months out of it.

i need ddr2 , non EEC, and i thinking pc2 8500 cos and prob best jus go for the straight 2gb (x2). just quick question, the different makes of ram will all stil ft into my computer? im guessing that the make is different but the spec is still the same

If im correct, all modern DDR2 RAM should have the 240pin design, so unless your computer is really old it should fit, the reason why there are so many varieties is because they are made to measure a certain MHz, the larger the MHz the larger the price and the better ability to overclock.

It doesnt really matter about if its ECC or non-ECC because the prices are hardly different so I suggest the Corsair Value Select 2048Mb (2x1GB):
http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?CSR-VS662G

At £25 its a bargain!

It doesnt really matter about if its ECC or non-ECC
ECC or non-ECC makes a big difference. Many motherboards do not support ECC memory. Using ECC memory can decrease your computer's performance by about 2 percent.

ECC or non-ECC makes a big difference. Many motherboards do not support ECC memory. Using ECC memory can decrease your computer's performance by about 2 percent.

My bad.

But then again doesnt ECC help correct errors in your memory?

Back
Top Bottom