CF Reputation??

Fabric1601

In Runtime
At the beginning when i registered i didnt pay too much attention to this little green/grey squares under ur avatar. Since the beginning mine has been grey and when i hover it is saying: "Unknown quality".
I began to notice that there are ppl with more squares and they are green and everyone have some sort of message on hover :rolleyes: I thought that it might depends on the number of posts...stupid me!!! :eek:
Can somebody enlighten me of how this whole system with the reputation works? How can i gain reputation? :D

You get positive and negative reputation from other members on the forum. Positive Rep's are usually given when you help others out, give good advice etc. and bad Rep's for obvious reasons. It's a brilliant system as long as it's not abused. I have 3 squares all from helping others on here and generally being as helpful as I can.

You give the Rep's by clicking on the scales under your avatar and leave a comment with it.

:)

Thanks alot man :D you explained it very simply and clearly...now i understand why are thiese scales for :D

And btw how can i check how many rep points do i have?

That shows your recent reputation, you can click the scales on any of your own posts and it will pop up either with rep received for that post or a popup saying no reputation received ... either way those screens will show your rep amount.

its also hard to get rep when there are so many more knowledgeable people than me...im here learning more:) , if i can i try to help, but like i said someone would probably know better.

its also hard to get rep when there are so many more knowledgeable people than me...im here learning more:) , if i can i try to help, but like i said someone would probably know better.

I think you just need to me a bit more patient :rolleyes: look at me - 1st rep on 93 posts :D
Yayyy me!!!
*claps his hands many times, and runs to the bathroom to put them under cold water....* :D

In my experience, usually when I answer a question in the Computers section, the most I'll get is a thank you because a lot of people just register to ask a few questions; never really take the time to learn the reputation system. I do always give out reps if I've been helped, and I know a lot of the long-time members do too, but for the most part don't feel bad about not getting reps there. Usually, just go to the social lounge and make a joke, talk about cars, or discuss hot women ;)

cfooderof2.jpg

There, 3 for 1! But don't be as funny as me, because I'm probably going to get banned for that

IMO rep requires two factors to increase, long-standing good membership, and general helpfulness. For the first year and a half I never got above 3 bars (was stuck at like 250 rep points), but now I've been here longer, getting more involved, and helping more people, and now I am over 700 (to give you any idea how much rep somebody has, each bar up to 6 is worth 100 points and then it goes up to 200, then up to 300 ... our highest members have over 1500 rep points).

***Psst, my tip is to try to be really helpful to longer-standing members as their rep counts more. Newbies who join for one question, even if they know how to give reputation, it doesn't count any points. ***

In my experience, usually when I answer a question in the Computers section, the most I'll get is a thank you because a lot of people just register to ask a few questions; never really take the time to learn the reputation system. I do always give out reps if I've been helped, and I know a lot of the long-time members do too, but for the most part don't feel bad about not getting reps there. Usually, just go to the social lounge and make a joke, talk about cars, or hot women ;)

<pic>

There, 3 for 1! But don't be as funny as me, because I'm probably going to get banned for that

Oh GOD, that's worth a negative rep. :eek:

IMO rep requires two factors to increase, long-standing good membership, and general helpfulness. For the first year and a half I never got above 3 bars (was stuck at like 250 rep points), but now I've been here longer, getting more involved, and helping more people, and now I am over 700 (to give you any idea how much rep somebody has, each bar up to 6 is worth 100 points and then it goes up to 200, then up to 300 ... our highest members have over 1500 rep points).

***Psst, my tip is to try to be really helpful to longer-standing members as their rep counts more. Newbies who join for one question, even if they know how to give reputation, it doesn't count any points. ***

Oh GOD, that's worth a negative rep. :eek:

Don't judge me for my fascination with the big boned women!!

Back
Top Bottom